yeah, they were sixty somethin apiece and with service charges, come to almost $75 each. Yeah right...for devo....maybe the Eagles, or the Stones, but not Devo.
Mark Mothersbaugh is great, and I really like Devo...but I wouldn't pay $75 bucks to see them...that's outrageous...is that for 1 ticket?
yeah, they were sixty somethin apiece and with service charges, come to almost $75 each. Yeah right...for devo....maybe the Eagles, or the Stones, but not Devo.
WHIP IT! WHIP IT GOOD!
i went to buy a pair of tickets for Devo at the House of blues in august and nearly vomitted all over my credit card. Those tickets run over $75 apiece with service charges. I decided to save my money even though they are one of my favorite bands and biggest influences. if i wanted to pay that much, i would spend even more and see the Stones.
when i was a kid the "peek a boo" video freaked me out..then again all their videos did. i thought the "secret agent man" video was pretty cool.
Funny thing is Midwest sick boy, as soon as I start talking about Devo to somebody who knows nothing about Devo, That is exactly what that person always says back to me...."whip it...whip it good". Your not one of them are you?
Sorry, don't know much about Devo other than seeing the whip it video a few times.
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That cracked me up!! Thanks Steve!!Originally posted by wolfpits:
Funny thing is Midwest sick boy, as soon as I start talking about Devo to somebody who knows nothing about Devo, That is exactly what that person always says back to me...."whip it...whip it good". Your not one of them are you?
Funny piece of trivia... my uncle actually made the Devo hats. You know, the red stair step pyramid hats. He also made the shoulder covers for their potatoe suits, and the perfect palstic hair do's (plastic pompadours) they wore. I used to put all them on as a kid and run around. Haha. DEVO ROCKS! They influenced so many different music generes it is amazing.
Bookmarks